The cannabis industry is on the verge of an environmental packaging crisis. Imagine the amount of plastic bags and other non-recyclable containers currently being utilized. Now imagine all of the waste. Even worse, the average cannabis shopper is even throwing recyclable packaging into the garbage due to its unfamiliar appearance. One concerned Mass Roots user writes:
“In a span of three months we have accumulated 15 empty squeeze top containers and pill bottles, 10 flower jars, and 8 wax jars. They’re just sitting in our house. We don’t want them to end up in a land fill.”
What is the impact of the majority of current cannabis packaging?
Plastics are destroying our eco system
– In the North Pacific Ocean, there are 6x more plastic debris than plankton. They are causing deaths to marine animals who mistake them for food.
– We have an island in the middle of the North Pacific Gyre, the Great Pacific Garbage Patch – which is mostly composed of plastic. It’s the size of India, Europe, and Mexico combined.
– 10% of the plastic we use yearly ends up in the ocean, which is equivalent to 700 billion plastic bottles.
– The production of plastic uses around 8% of the world’s oil production.
– 90% of the trash floating in our oceans is made up of plastic, around 46,000 pieces per square mile.
Plastic is made from petroleum.
Our mission at N2 Packaging Systems is to create the solution to this problem. We are dedicated to working alongside state lawmakers to create an open conversation about where we need to be to create a sustainable, smart, and safe solution for the cannabis industry. The solution is clear for our partners here in the US, and for the international partners in the process of implementing N2’s canning machines.
How do we ensure the safety of cannabis products?
As leaders of this colossal industry, we have the power to make a revolutionary difference by implementing one simple product into the packaging world: recyclable, food grade cans.
What makes metal cans a better option than plastic?
– Metal packaging is 100% and infinitely recyclable, meaning it can be recycled again and again without loss of performance or integrity. In fact, a can that is recycled today can be back on shelves in as little as 60 days
– Cans are the most tamper-resistant form of food storage currently in use.
– Recycling tin and steel cans can save Americans nearly $3 billion in energy costs each year
– Steel cans are magnetically separated and recycled even when placed in the trash
Take away: Recycling steel helps save landfill space while providing a valuable scrap resource to the steel industry. Using old steel to make new steel also preserves natural resources and energy. For every ton of steel recycled, 2,500 pounds of iron ore, 1,400 pounds of coal, and 120 pounds of limestone are conserved. In a single year, the steel industry conserves the equivalent energy to power about 18 million homes for 12 months, or enough to provide the city of Los Angeles power for roughly eight years.
Why cans for cannabis?
100% recyclable and reusable
Guaranteed freshness of organic material
Reduces organic waste
Airtight and odorless
N2 Packaging Systems offers a nitrogen sealed can that ensures a clean and safe environment for the product from farm to table
Our cans are tamper-proof; once they are hermetically sealed by the producers, the quality of the product cannot be affected until opened by the consumer
Nitrogen sealing inhibits growth of mold, bacteria, and microorganisms
N2 cans are reusable and come with a resealable lid
Child/senior-proof lids available
For more information reach out to email@example.com